Deadline: 31 July, 2020
The World Academy of Science (TWAS) and the International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) offer fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in chemical and biological sciences.
TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at the ICCBS – comprising the H E J Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr Panjwani Centre for Molecular and Drug Research – for six months, minimum, and 12 months, maximum, in the following fields: organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology, physical chemistry or analytical chemistry.
TWAS works to support sustainable prosperity through research, education, policy and diplomacy.
- ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be not older than 45 years on 31 December of the application year
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan)
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country
- Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there
- Provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: National Park Service