Deadline: 31 July, 2020
The University Council of Rhodes University (RU) has established several Postdoctoral Research Fellowships across all faculties, which may be awarded for one year with the possibility of renewal.
- Each fellowship is a package of R180,000 per annum with an additional allocation of R20,000, maximum, to be used to support the presentation of papers at formal conferences (the fellowship cannot be held concurrently with any supplementary funding)
- Although there is no age restriction, potential fellows must hold a doctoral degree, awarded within the last five years, preferably from an institution other than RU and recognised as appropriate to the discipline for which the fellowship is sought
- Successful candidates must be of exceptional merit as evidenced by the quality and corpus of publications or other recognised forms of achievement relevant to the fellow‘s discipline
- The fellowship will be awarded strictly on merit
- An applicant who has not completed his/her PhD at the time the fellowship is offered must have submitted the PhD thesis by the end of 2019 (in these circumstances, the Research Office will require written assurance from the applicant‘s supervisor that there is a reasonable expectation that the doctoral degree will be awarded)
- Applications should be made through Heads of Departments or Directors of Research Institutes
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Saaleha Bamjee