Deadline: 29 May, 2020
Since the inception in Africa in 2010, the programme has seen significant growth. There are now two dedicated programmes for Africa in line with their vision of empowering more young female scientists across Africa. The programme will honour seven talented South African women for the quality of their research and encourage them to pursue a career in science in any South African Province.
- Five research grants of R80,000 each for five PhD researchers enrolled at a South African institution and completing their doctorate in a research laboratory
- Two research grants of R160,000 each for two South African post-doctoral researchers working in a laboratory or research institute registered in one of the South African provinces
- PhD in Formal Sciences, Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences or pursuing studies leading to a PhD degree at a South African university
- Be a South African citizen
- Working in a research laboratory or institution or enrolled in a doctoral programme at a university in South Africa
- Candidates must be no more than 40 years old by the end of the application period for PhD and not more than 45 years old for post-doctoral fellowships
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade