Deadline: 31 May, 2020
The world is rapidly changing, and Lagos, Nigeria, is projected to become the world’s largest megacity by 2100. Already, Lagos, faces significant challenges despite its position as a regional economic hub. These challenges present significant opportunities for entrepreneurs who leverage innovative approaches to build solutions that solve critical issues that impact residents within the city.
The Lagos Urban Innovation Challenge (LUIC) is designed to support the innovators and entrepreneurs who are shaping the Lagos of tomorrow. They are seeking ideas that can solve critical urban issues in Lagos. The challenge invites innovators and entrepreneurs to respond to this question: what does the future of Lagos look like and how does the proposed solution make the city better for everyone, including those in informal urban slums?
LUIC is produced by Utopia, an urban innovation group for emerging cities and their slums, with studios in a handful of cities across Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
- Up to 12 semifinalists will receive $10,000 in AWS Activate Credits valid for two years
- Up to six finalists will:
- Participate in Utopia’s virtual urban accelerator programme
- Receive curated access to equity funding opportunities
- Receive curated access to relevant Lagos State government agencies
- Be eligible for workspace vouchers from Lagos Innovates
- Get access to Utopia’s global network of experts and partners
- Get six months priority access to Utopia Lagos CITYLAB space at launch
- Get access to Utopia Studio in Silicon Valley
- The applicant’s urban solution or startup must operate in or focus on Lagos, Nigeria
- The proposed urban solution would make the city better for the many, not just the few
- The applicant must be an early stage startup/team with a viable product, minimum
- There is a preference for teams with a gender mix
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate a clear business model
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Technext