Deadline: 06 May, 2020
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant — Integrating rights based approach in sustainable natural resources management in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 6 months.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organisations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of the Project work plan and budget
- Assist in the development of informative radio shows on rights, accountability and inclusion based on NRGF study findings
- Participate in the dissemination of SAGCOT’s IGG tools at landscape level
- Assist in organising and providing logistical support to project events including training workshops, meetings and field visits
- Participate in the documentation of lessons learned and best practices on IGG, sustainable finance, rights and government
- Participate in the production and dissemination of communication materials (policy briefs, fact sheets, brochures) on IGG, rights and governance for awareness raising, lessons sharing, policy influencing and improving IUCN visibility
- Produce activity reports
- Represent IUCN at events as may be required
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- University degree in a relevant discipline, including Agriculture, Forestry, Water Resources Management, Natural Resources Management, Biodiversity Conservation, Environmental Management, Communication, Natural Governance or related fields
- Knowledge of issues related to Water Resources Management will be an added advantage
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili (both written and verbal)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa