Deadline: 19 May, 2020
Location: Dakar, Senegal
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Communications Officer.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
- Oversee communications in West and Central Africa, identifying and communicating high impact projects/stories and engagements across the sub-regions
- Manage all internal and external strategic communications in West and Central African countries in partnership with operational teams, and ensure that high quality, strategic communication plans are consistently implemented across these groups of countries
- Develop creative and engaging feature and human-interest stories, blogs, profiles, and other materials for internal and external publication and support the Campaigns and Content team on their work in the sub region
- Oversee the proactive monitoring and mitigation of reputational risks and engagement with Civil Society Organisations (CSOs)
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Business/Finance with eight or more years of experience in corporate communications, international relations, public affairs, political science, or other related fields, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- In addition, a degree in Business Administration and/or working experience in investment operations will be valued
- Strong knowledge and experience working across low-income and fragile markets in Africa and/or Middle East regions are a prerequisite, and good knowledge of WBG instruments used to engage in IDA-FCS markets a plus
- State-of-the art knowledge in field of strategic communications, and ability to address a range of issues related to a business group, including taking the lead on highly visible and sensitive assignments critical to the VPU
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills in English and French and ability to convey complex messages succinctly and diplomatically
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of target audience, highly effective writing style, and expertise in high-impact messaging to wider and more strategic audience
- Experience in working closely with senior leaders on communications and in dealing with media
- Proven ability to lead teams to produce high-quality, creatively written visual communications materials
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Alex Proimos