Deadline: 16 October, 2020
The Deutsches Museum (DM) in Munich has several attractive scholarships to offer research scholars interested in working for six or 12 months on projects involving the museum’s vast and heterogeneous collections. The scholarship programme is international and interdisciplinary in scope.
Applicants are invited to base their projects on the collections of DM and to cooperate closely with museum staff on site when formulating their research proposals. Projects involving innovative approaches to artefact-oriented research are especially welcome.
During their stay, visiting scholars will have daily contact with the museum’s curators, archivists and librarians, as well as members of the Münchner Zentrum für Wissenschafts- und Technikgeschichte/Munich Centre for the History of Science and Technology.
- Pre-doctoral stipends: € 7,500 (six months) / €15,000 (full year)
- Post-doctoral stipends: €15,000 (six months) / €30,000 (full year)
- All scholars are requested to make their own provisions for health insurance
- Scholarship holders will have their own workplace with a desktop computer and telephone, and the opportunity to reside temporarily in subsidised apartments of the museum complex insofar as these are available
- Scholars at any level of seniority are eligible to apply, provided they have at least one advanced university degree (master’s or PhD, bachelor’s is not sufficient)
- There are no restrictions regarding nationality
- The ability to read German is a prerequisite for the application (passive language skills)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: H Raab