Deadline: 22 May, 2020
Education is the cornerstone of sustainable development yet there are currently 1.8 billion young people (aged 10–24) worldwide and over half of this population will not have the skills necessary to participate in the emerging global workforce. The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) clearly recognise that this gap must be closed, as the international community more explicitly addresses the challenges of quality and equity in education.
As countries around the world are dealing with some of the most unprecedented challenges of our time, including a global health pandemic and climate change, continued access to new ways of learning, and developing future-proof skills, will be critical to ensure the world is prepared to address the complex issues of today, and in the future.
Deloitte collaborates with stakeholders across business, government and civil society to prepare 50 million lives for a world of opportunity by 2030.
As a longstanding partner of One Young World (OYW), they are proud to support the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship (DOYWS) which will enable ten outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit (OYWS) in Munich, Germany, on 23–26 April, 2021.
- Access to the OYWS 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April, 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (economy class)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the summit)
- Ground transportation between summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the summit, and a Deloitte ’buddy’
- The scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on improving the education, skills, and access to opportunities for people in their communities, countries, or world at large
- The scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on creating skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages
- The scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on accelerating entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or providing opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: One Young World