Deadline: 20 June, 2020
For applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with excellent academic records, the Institute of Development Research and Development (DRD) offers DAAD merit scholarships every year. The scholarship will be taken at the University of the Western Cape, South Africa, while internship will be at Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany.
- Scholarships include monthly allowances of €650 plus travel allowances for master’s candidates and €900 plus travel allowances for PhD candidates
- Tuition and registration fees are covered by the scholarship programme
In addition to programme requirements, all applicants have to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should be from Sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic record of 70 percent, minimum, for their last degree
- Applicants should apply within six years of having completed their previous degree
- The study must have been completed at an internationally recognised university
- The previous degree (bachelor’s or master’s) should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies or Public Administration
- South African students are required to have an honours degree in order to be admitted to a master’s degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a four-year undergraduate degree
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
- Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: University of Essex