Deadline: 30 April, 2020
The One Young World Journalist of the Year Award was created by One Young World (OYW) to recognise five of the most promising young journalists between the ages of 18 to 35 from around the world. The purpose of this award is to highlight the work of young journalists who are fearlessly and boldly inspiring others through their work, changing the way stories are reported and empowering others by giving them a voice.
In addition to receiving the award, winners will benefit the following:
- Access to the entirety of the One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany
- Hotel accommodation on a private basis, from 13 to 17 October, 2020
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering, including breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the summit accommodation and the summit venue
- Nominees must be aged between 18 and 35 years old
- Nominees must have substantial evidence of the impact and importance of their journalism
- Nominees must be passionate about the right to freedom of thought, expression and speech
- Nominees must have a demonstrable interest in the pursuit of social, economic and/or political rights through journalism
To nominate and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UN Climate Change