Deadline: 27 April, 2020
Location: Bamenda and Buea, Cameroon
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking to fill the position of a Compound Manager. The WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger globally.
- Ensure receipt, registration and distribution of incoming mail
- Ensure satisfactory performance and manage presence of switchboard operators
- Ensure satisfactory performance of cleaners of the common building and manage their presence
- Ensure satisfactory performance of common building security officers and manage their presence
- Ensure satisfactory performance of IT Assistant and manage their presence
- Ensure satisfactory performance of radio operators and manage their presence
- Arrange to coordinate the work of service providers in plumbing, electricity, etc., ensure that the services are of satisfactory quality, and certify the accuracy of the related invoices
- Provide daily maintenance of the air conditioning, electricity, water and any repairs in consultation with the lessor
- Ensure the functioning of equipment in common areas, such as conference room equipment, CCTVs, fire extinguishers, automatic doors, etc.
- Coordinate and ensure small one-time repairs, and consult with Procurement and WFP OM on repairs of a more important nature
- University degree in Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or in a relevant field
- Two years of relevant professional experience, minimum, in the areas of Management, Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management, Economics, nationally or internationally, for applicants with only a university first degree
- One year of relevant professional experience, minimum, in the areas of Management, Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management, Economics, nationally or internationally, for applicants with an advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent)
- Experience in a development agency, a private organisation or an international organisation in the management of a building (desirable)
- Work experience in emergency duty station (desirable)
- Experience in the use of computer tools and MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.), experience using computerised management systems
- Perfect knowledge of English, spoken and written (essential)
- Knowledge of functional French (desirable)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Peter Casier