Deadline: 30 April, 2020
The U.S. Mission Nigeria’s Public Affairs Sections (Abuja and Lagos) have issued a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for their Public Diplomacy (PD) small grants programme. A limited number of grants will be awarded to individuals, non-governmental organisations, academic institutions and other civil society entities. Priority will be given to programme proposals that:
- Strengthen human capital to promote inclusive economic growth and development via entrepreneurship, STEM education, women’s empowerment, youth engagement, and cultural exchange
- Improve and expand English language learning through curriculum development and teacher training, in partnership with U.S. education institutions where possible
While in some instances, a Cooperative Agreement may be used (in cases requiring a higher level of involvement from Embassy staff), the majority of successful proposals will be supported via a grant instrument with the floor of individual and/or organisational award being $5,000 and the ceiling being $50,000.
- Nonprofits, civil society organisations and non-governmental organisations with at least two years of programming experience and with evidence of required registrations
- Registered educational institutions
- Individuals with two years of nonprofit, project management or education experience
- Grant projects generally must be completed in one year or less
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Olalekan Sipasi