Deadline: 04 June, 2020
The Dorcas Muthoni PhD Fellowship is offered by the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) in Spain. It seeks doctoral applications from talented African female students.
The fellowship is a tribute to Dorcas Muthoni, recipient of the UPF Doctor Honoris Causa. Dorcas Muthoni is a Kenyan engineer and entrepreneur. She is CEO and founder of the company Openworld. She received the UPF Doctor Honoris Causa, the university’s highest recognition, 15 December, 2017, for her significant work in the promotion of engineering studies among young women in Africa.
- Postdoctoral contract with a minimum gross monthly salary of €1,343 for the first and second years, and a gross monthly salary of €1,439 for the third year
- The fellowship includes a teaching assistance load of 45 hours per academic year
- The fellowship will also include a grant of €2,000 to facilitate the fellow’s initial expenditure on arrival
- Applicants should be talented African female students (only applicants with African nationality will be considered)
- Applicants must have strong research interests
- Applicants must hold an MSc degree or equivalent
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record
- Applicants must be committed to the promotion of ICT gender equality in Africa, with evidence of past activity in this cause
To apply and for more information, click here.