Deadline: 08 April, 2020
The Leading Africa Scholarship is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Africa are represented at the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
Africa is host to the largest population of young people in the world, with over 60 percent of its population under the age of 25. With 72 percent of its labour force in ‘vulnerable’ employment and several countries experiencing challenges of governance and violent extremism, the Fourth Industrial Revolution could provide a lifeline to this young, eager population. Given their sheer numbers, they have the ability to transform their regions, whether it be in governance, energy, infrastructure, medicine and beyond.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual summit.
- Participation in the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis from 14–17 October, 2020
- Catering, which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the summit accommodation and the summit venue
- Summit handouts and support material
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (the flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to the same international airport)
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-30
- Applicants must be a national of an African country
- Applicants must show evidence of commitment to delivering positive change
- Applicants must demonstrate a capacity for leadership
- Applicants must be addressing key local and/or global issues in their work
- Applicants must have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Applicants must be able and willing to pay the Schengen visa fee if selected for the scholarship and require a visa
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: One Young World