Deadline: 31 July, 2020
The 2020 Call for Code Global Challenge is expanding its focus to tackle the effects of Covid-19. Technology solutions can help reduce the impact the pandemic is having on the everyday.
The 2020 Call for Code Global Challenge will have two tracks:
- Solutions to mitigate the impact of global pandemics like Covid-19 on communities around the world
- Solutions that help halt and reverse the impact of climate change
The 2020 Call for Code Global Challenge asks innovators to create practical, effective, and high-quality applications based on one or more IBM Cloud services (for example web, mobile, data, analytics, AI, IoT, or weather) that can have an immediate and lasting impact on humanitarian issues. Teams of developers, data scientists, designers, business analysts, subject matter experts and more are challenged to build solutions to mitigate the impact of Covid-19 and climate change.
- The grand prize winner will receive Open source project support from The Linux Foundation, opportunity for mentorship and investment in the solution, $200,000 cash prize, invitation to the Call for Code Global Award announcement and solution implementation support through Code and Response
- The first and second runners up will receive $25,000 cash prize, invitation to the Call for Code Global Award announcement and open source project support from The Linux Foundation
- Third and fourth runners up will receive $10,000 cash prize, invitation to the Call for Code Global Award announcement and open source project support from The Linux Foundation
- Applicants must be over the age of 18 or the age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is greater
- Employees of IBM, DCC, and governmental agencies are not eligible to participate
- Open to all developers, designers, and entrepreneurs
- All participants must accept the terms of the Participation Agreement upon submission
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Open Grid Scheduler