Deadline: 14 May, 2020
Location: Accra, Ghana
Food and Agriculture Organsation (FAO) is seeking to fill the position of a Sustainable Value Chain Analysis Specialist. FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Coordinate national consultants and interns working in the Technical Cooperation Programme (TCP) / FAO Subregional Office for West Africa (SFW) on rice, cocoa, cashew value chains policy studies
- Conduct prospective modelling on a series of value chains
- Review and finalise drafts of national and regional policy reviews on the value chains of rice, maize cocoa and cashew
- Co-organise and animate value chain technical policy simulation meetings and workshops at national level
- Prepare drafts of FAO publications
- Participate in multidisciplinary project/work teams
- Collaborate in the development of training materials and the organisation of workshops and seminars
- Participate in the organisation facilitation and follow-up of meetings, consultations and conferences, the development/production of required materials and the provision of information and assistance to partners
- Advanced university degree in Agriculture Economics, Development Studies, Natural Resource Management or a related field
- Three years of relevant experience in international cooperation in the field of rural economy, natural resources management, climate change adaptation and mitigation, and sustainable food systems
- Working knowledge of English and French
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UN Women