Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is seeking to fill the position of a Programme Officer (Border Management). ECOWAS is the regional political and economic union of the fifteen countries in West Africa.
- Assist the PPO Border Management and Migration in the development of strategies and programmes related to border management
- Assist in the implementation of the Protocol on Free Movement of Persons, the Right of Residence and Establishment through dialogue with member states
- Assist in harmonising the procedures for ECOWAS Travel Documents
- Simplify immigration formalities for ECOWAS nationals by ensuring acceptance of the use of accepted travel documents
- Assist in information dissemination on the Protocol on Free Movement of Persons, the Right of Residence and Establishment
- Assist in developing policies and procedures for the elimination of harassments on the highways and at the borders
- Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences, Business Administration, International Relations, International Diplomacy, Public Administration, Sociology, History, Law or Political Science from a recognised university
- Five years of work experience, minimum, in the areas of regional integration, competitive trade, acquisition planning, supply chain management, procurement, infrastructure management, natural resources management, programme development and management
- Knowledge of West African cross-border cooperation, West African migrations and migration policies, Protocol on Free Movement, the Right of Residence and Establishment and boundary delineation and demarcation
- Conceptual, analytical and evaluative knowledge and competence to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to sectors and functional areas like automated systems for customs databases
- Experience in immigration duties (desirable)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Construction and Engineering Digest