Location: Abuja, Nigeria
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries.
DevTech is seeking a Director of Operations to lead and oversee the management of finance, administration and operations for its Support for Strategic Information and Project Management (S4SIPMS) project.
In October 2016, USAID/Nigeria awarded DevTech the Support for Strategic Information and Project Management Services (S4SIPMS) project. S4SIPMS is in support of the HIV/AIDS, TB Programme in Nigeria. The S4SIPMS also supports the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) efforts to make strategic investments in quality programming that yield greater impact by saving lives and improving the health status of people living with HIV.
- Guide and manage operations, including logistics, travel, security and drivers
- Oversee procurement, budget, accounting and finance activities, including management of financial transactions and expenditures for S4SIPMS
- Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports are completed and records are maintained
- Ensure funds expended are compliant with US government contractual regulations and policies
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation
- Develop and implement financial, administration and operational systems for S4SIPMS according to in-country performance
- Implement timesheet compliance
- Complete human resources duties (such as benefits, onboarding, trainings)
- Monitor DevTech bank transactions including the monthly preparation of bank reconciliation
- Coordinate with headquarters controller
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow S4SIPMS staff, implementing and cooperating partners, and relevant NGOs and government agencies
- Ability to work with counterpart on the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, to ensure seamless management of joint DevTech functions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritise work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment
- Produce work products in conformity with S4SIPMS and clients’ standards
- Communicate information in a way that demonstrates a basic understanding of development assistance work, DevTech culture, values, and practices, and the specific scope and nature of the S4SIPMS project
- Demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity, and initiative to learn competencies and skills required for the job assignment
- Promote a work environment that emphasises teamwork, respect for differences, and the acceptance and giving of constructive feedback
- Any other tasks as assigned by DevTech
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Certified Chartered Accountant
- Eight years of experience managing multi-million-dollar US government/ USAID contracts, including experience overseeing finance, procurement, operations, administration, logistics and human resource tasks
- Expertise with USAID financial reporting and compliance requirements
- In-depth knowledge of financial software applications, including QuickBooks and others
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Jerry Michalski