Location: Taraba, Nigeria
Deloitte is seeking to fill the position of a Procurement Advisor. The Procurement Advisor will develop a work plan to ensure the completion of the tasks in a manner consistent with international best practice for projects.
- Participate in preparation and periodical update of Annual Procurement Plans (APP), carry out verification of APP
- In cooperation with other project staff, establish and maintain information database on procurement services, technology services, suppliers of equipment, consultants, etc.
- Maintain procurement reporting system in accordance with the Project Operational Manual (POM) provisions
- Set up monitoring capacity within the entities overseeing project procurement actions
- Coordinate necessary approvals or correct shortcomings in procedures or conclusions
- Organise and manage project records/archives
- Prepare and publish procurement notices as applicable under various procurement methods (ICB, NCB, LIB, International/National Shopping [IS/NS], QCBS, QBS, CQ, IC, etc)
- Coordinate with the project team and beneficiaries in preparation of technical specifications and terms of reference (ToR) documents with specific emphasis on ensuring they are comprehensive, generic, minimising risks of misinterpretation at the evaluation stage
- Prepare bidding documents, requests for proposals (RFPs) and other documents based on sample forms provided in the Project Implementation Manual (PIM)
- When necessary, develop a list of suppliers and contractors for shopping and short lists for consulting packages taking into account suppliers, contractors, consultants’ experience and qualifications
- Provide administrative and procedural support in technical and commercial evaluation of bids and the preparation of Bid Evaluation Reports in accordance with the PIM provisions
- Provide administrative and procedural support in evaluation of technical and financial proposals of consultants and preparation of technical and final evaluation reports in compliance with the PIM provisions
- Prepare contracts in full conformity with the PIM forms
- Participate in contract negotiations and signings
- Assist in general contract administration and monitoring
- Verify payment documents under contracts for the supply of goods, works and services
- Follow contract closure procedures and final reporting guidelines
- Develop and discuss alternative solutions to identified problems
- Provide hands-on training on implementation matters covering procurement, disbursements, report writing, etc.
- Participate at meetings aimed at improving project implementation
- Any other responsibility relating to the project as required by the project coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Management, Industrial Engineering, Project Management or related fields
- Five years of experience, minimum, as a procurement consultant or manager on a donor funded project
- Experience as a procurement consultant for World Bank assisted projects or in a multilateral institution environment such as at the AfDB
- Experience in preparing bidding documents for large works/goods contracts and Request for Proposal documents for consulting services
- Professional integrity and the ability to coordinate team activities
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Open Grid Scheduler