Deadline: 13 April, 2020
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered to citizens of certain developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
The intended beneficiaries of the scholarships are postgraduate students who wish to access training not available in their home countries, who wish or need to remain in their home country while they study and who have the potential to enhance the development of their home countries with the knowledge and leadership skills they acquire.
- A Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship covers tuition fees and study grants where required
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard (a lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases)
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Needpix