Deadline: 15 April, 2020
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) has called for applications for the third intake of its unique African Master’s in Machine Intelligence (AMMI), a fully-funded, one-year intensive master’s programme that provides brilliant young Africans with state-of-the-art training in machine learning (ML) and its applications at campuses in Rwanda and Ghana.
The AMMI programme prepares well-rounded ML researchers by focusing on basic research in artificial intelligence (AI) as well as the development of a vast array of applications that respond to both present and future needs of Africa and the world.
- No registration fees are required of the applicants selected for the AMMI programme
- Successful applicants will benefit from a full scholarship, covering tuition, accommodation, meals, travel expenses and more
- Applicants must hold or expect to obtain by the date of commencement of AIMS training a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering or recognised equivalent from an accredited institution
- Applicants’ records must demonstrate interest and/or background in AI, ML
- Applicants must consent to mentor an undergraduate student at their alma mater while enrolled at AMMI and consent to mentor an AMMI student after graduation from AMMI
- Applicants must have a strong interest in solving national or continental challenges using science and technology
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo Source: AIMS Next Einstein Initiative