Deadline: 31 April, 2020
The African Leadership Institute (AFLI), through the Project Pakati initiative, is developing a project titled African Youth-Led and Youth-Serving Organisations Portal.
AFLI invites submissions of organisational profiles. Youth-led organisations are run and staffed by young people, and their members are all young people. Youth-serving organisations are important as they ignite active citizenry, civic duty, and volunteerism at the community levels, several challenges exist.
The benefits for an organisation profiled on the portal include:
- The portal will make the organisation discoverable by potential funders and donors
- It will enhance and promote information exchange and collaborations between organisations in the same country and across the continent
- It will assist in recognising youth-led and youth-serving organisations for their work and efforts
- It will provide data to the African Union and other institutions that have placed African youth at the centre of their strategies
- It will encourage more young people to be engaged and exercise their agency through volunteering (there are many young people who want to volunteer but do not know where to start)
To submit the details of an organisation, that organisation must be a non-profit working in any one of the following areas and based on the African continent:
- Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Education and Skills Development
- Health and Wellbeing
- Governance and Youth Empowerment
To submit and for more information, click here.
Photo source: AFLI