Deadline: 08 June, 2020
The World Trade Organisation (WTO) has issued a call for young economists to submit papers for the 2020 WTO Essay Award.
The award aims to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade cooperation. It also aims to reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community.
- The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay
- The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group, the largest conference specialising in international trade, which will take place in September 2020 in Ghent, Belgium
- The winning author(s) will receive funding to attend the European Trade Study Group meeting
- The paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade cooperation
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a PhD and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a PhD defence (this requirement shall apply to all authors in the case of co-authored papers)
- To be considered for the award, essays cannot exceed 15,000 words
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: WTO