Deadline: 16 April, 2020
The European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) Prizes recognise outstanding individuals and research teams from Africa and Europe who have made significant achievements in their research field. Additionally, the awardees will have made major contributions to strengthening clinical research capacity in Africa and supporting South-South and North-South networking.
The Scientific Leadership Prize is awarded to excellent world-class scientists in Sub-Saharan Africa working on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria or neglected infectious diseases (NIDS).
- The prize consists of a recognition trophy and a cash prize of €10,000
- The contest is open to residents of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Contestants must have made significant achievements in their field and will continue to be leaders in their research field
- In addition to their scientific excellence, contestants should have made major contributions to strengthening research capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa and to supporting South-South and North-South networking
- Contestants should not exceed 50 years of age, at the time of the launch of the contest
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: TICAD7 Photographs