Deadline: 16 April, 2020
The European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) Prizes recognise outstanding individuals and research teams from Africa and Europe who have made significant achievements in their research field. Additionally, the awardees will have made major contributions to strengthening clinical research capacity in Africa and supporting South-South and North-South networking.
The Dr. Pascoal Mocumbi Prize is in special recognition of the significant contribution made by Dr Pascoal Mocumbi, the first High Representative of the EDCTP Association. It is to be awarded to senior scientists, policy-makers or advocates for health and research.
- The prize consists of a recognition trophy and a cash prize of €50,000
- The contestant should have made significant achievements in promoting Africa-Europe partnerships in global health research
- The contestant should have made unique contribution to promoting and facilitating the clinical development of products for poverty-related diseases
- The contestant should have attained achievements in advancing capacity development for health research in sub-Saharan Africa
- The contestant should have attained achievements in promoting international networking of researchers, policy makers, funders and donors on poverty-related diseases
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Siyavula Education