Deadline: 16 March, 2020
Consolidated Hallmark Insurance in line with its Corporate Social Responsibility policy of encouraging research, especially by students of Insurance at the tertiary level, hereby invites entries for the 2020 edition of the company’s annual essay competition. This year’s essay topic is, ‘Financial Technology Disruption in the Banking Sector and Lessons for the Insurance Industry, a Case Study of “Opay” (Mobile Bank)’.
The assessment entries shall be in two stages:
- the first stage of assessment shall be conducted by a departmental assessment panel, to be constituted by Heads of Departments, which shall forward the best three entries to the company;
- the second level shall be by an independent panel of distinguished Insurance practitioners, to be constituted by the company, who shall grade the best entries received from the various Institutions.
- First Prize: N250,000 and automatic employment in the company
- Second Prize: N150,000
- Third Prize: N100,000
The top three finalists will be announced at an awards ceremony to be graced by their parents/guardians and a representative of their schools, whom shall be sponsored to attend. The event will be publicised in the national print media.
- Students from 300L/HND1 and above, of tertiary institutions in Nigeria, studying Insurance or Actuarial Science are eligible
- The length of eligible essays is about 1,000 words
- Each essay must be the original work of the student submitting it, with clear references
- Essays must be typed, double spaced
The essays will be judged on content, organisation and mechanical accuracy. The decision of the judges is final.
To enter and more for more information, click here.
Photo source: hotjobsng