Deadline: 10 April, 2020
The University of Louvain (UCLouvain) has announced a competition for awarding PhD scholarships to citizens of developing countries. By doing so, UCLouvain hopes to contribute to capacity building for development and to create new partnerships between UCLouvain and institutions in developing countries.
Recipients receive a PhD scholarship that includes support for no more than 36 months and, if necessary, one or more round-trip airline tickets between the international airport nearest to the recipient’s home country residence and Brussels Airport.
- The scholar must be from a developing country
- The scholar must have the support of at least one UCLouvain faculty member
- The scholar must be admitted by the PhD Committee (CDD) to pursue a PhD at UCLouvain or to the Research Certificate Programme (PhD in home country institution) in the candidate’s research field
- The scholar must be free from any commitment to return to a country that has funded training
- For those who have already started their doctorate and are enrolled at UCLouvain, the scholar must not be a scholarship beneficiary
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: IBM Research