Deadline: 03 April, 2020
In line with the strategy and objectives of the approved UNESCO Programme and Budget for the Fellowships Programme Section, the UNESCO Category II International Centre for Sustainable Energy Development (ISEDC) in Moscow, Russia, is offering 20 fellowships of a four-week duration (05–30 October, 2020).
The aim of the fellowship programme is to enhance capacity-building and human resources development in the area of sustainable and renewable energy sources in developing countries and countries in transition. The medium of instruction will be English.
The candidates may choose to study in the following fields :
- Energy and Sustainable Development
- Ecological Management of Energy Resources
- Renewable Energy
- Sustainable and Renewable Energy Power Generation.
Facilities offered by ISEDC:
- Beneficiaries will be exempt of paying tuition fees for the entire duration of studies/training
- Fellows will undertake studies/training under the supervision of an advisor or study director that will be provided by the host institution
- The donor government will pay stipends to beneficiaries on a monthly basis, in local currency (the donor will determine the amount of the stipend to be granted to beneficiaries)
- ISEDC will assist in obtaining modest housing for the fellows (no provisions can be made to finance or lodge the fellows’ family members)
Facilities offered by UNESCO:
- UNESCO will cover the cost of the round-trip international travel at the most economical rate and the most direct flight
- UNESCO will pay a one-time travel allowance amounting to $100 prior to the fellows’ departure for the Russian Federation
- Health insurance (to avail of this entitlement, beneficiaries should be declared medically fit by the UNESCO Medical Service that examines the complete medical dossiers)
Citizens of the following countries are eligible: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Ivory Coast, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Holder of at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics
- Proficient in English language
- Not more than 35 years of age
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: mladiinfo