Deadline: 29 March, 2020
The Right Livelihood College (RLC) Campus at the Centre for Development Research (ZEF), University of Bonn, Germany, is offering scholarships to PhD students from Africa to participate in an international workshop tagged Pathways of Environmental Justice in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The workshop will hold from 09–14 May, 2020, at ZEF, in Bonn. It will focus on current research and practices concerned with environmental justice and conflict in Sub-Saharan Africa. The topic will be tackled in a transdisciplinary way, combining case studies from environmental, social and economic sciences with best practice examples from civil society action and agency.
- The scholarships will cover all costs for international and national travel, hotel accommodation, feeding and working materials
- The workshop will be embedded in a variety of social and cultural side-events
- PhD students from Sub-Saharan Africa who conduct topic-related research in disciplines such as Environmental Sciences, Development Studies, Ecology or Geography (preferably in the middle or at end of their studies)
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Applications from women are particularly welcome
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: needpix