Deadline: 31 July, 2020
Through the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship programme, Orascom Construction (OC) provides full tuition scholarships for Egyptian undergraduate students seeking to pursue their bachelor’s degree in fields that will enhance the economic prosperity of Egypt at prestigious universities in the USA.
- The scholarships will cover full tuition, a living allowance, travel and health insurance.
- Scholarship recipients will also be given the option of an internship position within the company.
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarships will be awarded based on character and merit as demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and entrepreneurial initiative.
- Eligible fields of study for the intended bachelor’s degree programme are Engineering, Economics, Political Science, Finance and Management
- Eligible candidates must have a GPA of 3.5 / 90% in Thanaweyya Amma Certification (secondary year) or equivalent certificates
- Eligible candidates must have an iBT TOEFL score of 100 or above (or equivalent)
- Eligible candidates must have a minimum SAT I overall score of 1450, evidence-based reading and writing score of 730, and a mathematics score of 730
- Eligible candidates must have scored 600 or above in three subjects in SAT II
- Eligible candidates must be planning to start their studies in the USA in the year 2020
- Eligible candidates must be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt
- Eligible candidates must not have lived more than three years abroad
- Eligible candidates must be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of their bachelor’s degree
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID Egypt