Deadline: 31 March, 2020
The One Planet Fellowship seeks to build a vibrant, highly connected and intergenerational network of African and European scientists equipped to lead research on the multi-dimensional impacts of climate change on Africa’s agriculture and food systems while also identifying and developing innovative solutions to effectively respond to the challenges, needs and priorities of diverse population groups across the continent.
The benefits of the One Planet Fellowship include:
- A three-tiered mentoring opportunity with established scientists
- Access to advanced scientific training
- Participation in scientific events
- Membership in community of practice
To be eligible for the One Planet Fellowship, applicants must meet the eligibility criteria outlined below:
- be a citizen of Algeria or Benin or Burkina Faso or Ivory Coast or Ethiopia or Kenya or Malawi or Mali or Morocco or Nigeria or Senegal or Tanzania or Togo or Zambia
- be 40 years of age or younger by 31 March, 2020
- have at least a master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline relevant to climate change adaptation with focus on agriculture and food systems
- have research experience in any of the thematic areas as outlined in the One Planet Scientific Fellowship Framework
- reside in Africa and be actively engaged in research, policy and/or practice relevant to climate change and Africa’s smallholder agriculture
- not be a previous beneficiary of the AWARD initiative
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: One Planet Fellowship