Deadline: 18 March, 2020
Pop-Kultur Festival in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut is offering scholarships to young musicians, composers, singer-songwriters and instrumentalists between 20 and 30 years old, from developing countries. The scholarship will enable successful applicants to experience music in the city of Berlin in the run-up to the Pop-Kultur Festival: studio visits, jam-sessions, short traineeships in selected companies of the Berlin creative industry, listening sessions and meetings with other scholarship holders of Musicboard Berlin GmbH. Networking will be a big part of the experience.
- The participation fee, accommodation, travel expenses, hospitality (per diem of €10) will be covered by the Goethe-Institut for the period of 18–30 August, 2020
- The Goethe-Institut will also book and pay for flights and will help with visa issues
- The Musicboard will give the talents a festival ticket free of charge plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals
- The Musicboard will organise accommodation (breakfast included), cover health insurance and public transportation in Berlin
- Applicants should prepare a short input talk (approximately ten minutes) in advance about their experience in the music field thus far and about the music scene in their country
- Advanced English skills are crucial as there is no translation available (applicants will be tested in advance by the local Goethe-Institut)
- Applicants need work experience in the field of music (proof of at least three projects and a link to a video of a live performance is required)
- All applications are for one person (no accompanying persons can be sponsored or included in the programme)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Jim, the Photographer