Deadline: 30 April, 2020
The Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral Scholarship promotes research projects that generate a direct impact for underprivileged people in low-income countries. Applications must be doctoral projects that are innovative and that develop a method or product that is directly relevant for improving the livelihoods of underprivileged people in low-income countries.
The E4D doctoral scholarship is CHF 175,000 for a period of three years (scholarship period can be extended on a no-cost basis). Out of the scholarship grant:
- CHF 166,800 is reserved to cover the salary of the E4D scholar for three years (level of employment: 100 percent, including social security; salary after the three-year period must be financed by other sources)
- CHF 8,200 for material costs and/or travels
- The candidate must fulfill general entrance requirements for doctoral studies at the ETH Zurich and at the respective department
- The candidate must have commensurate experience in the selected research area
- Preference will be given to citizens of Least Developed Countries and other Low-Income Countries according to the OECD
- The doctoral supervisor must be an ETH Professor and must have a guaranteed ETH position for the entire duration of the proposed project
- The supervisor must confirm their commitment to the project by a letter of support, indicating their contribution to the project in cash or kind
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Rwanda Green Fund