A central tenet of membership in the CIVICUS alliance is belonging to a global movement that stands in solidarity. In this spirit, the alliance launched the CIVICUS Solidarity Fund (CSF), a member-led and member-resourced granting mechanism.
The Flexible Funding leg of the CSF provides funding:
- To address a specific problem or need for a particular community
- To support cutting-edge work and innovative ideas designed to assist or enhance the capacity of a targeted community to meet its needs.
- For costs of legal action, media coverage, travel/participation support to mission-aligned events and enhancing safety/wellness of activists and their communities
- To sustain the daily activities of individual advocacy work or an organisation’s work (including salary for personnel, office rent etc)
To apply for the Flexible Funding of the CSF, applicants must:
- Be CIVICUS voting members or associate members
- Submit proposals that demonstrate clear challenges and an actionable response to those challenges
- Submit proposals that cleary strengthen civil society and civic space by promoting sustainable change
- Submit proposals that benefit the broader community in an impactful or scalable way
- Submit proposals that face difficulty being funded from other sources
- Submit proposals that take an innovative approach or is a bold action
- Submit proposals that include specific and clear activities on a reasonable timeline (proposed project unfolds over a maximum of 12 months)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: duncan c