Deadline: 06 April, 2020
The ONE Champions programme is a one-year volunteer programme that is looking for passionate campaigners to join the 2020 cohort as it enters its fifth year in Nigeria.
50 emerging leaders, between 18–35 years of age, will be recruited, trained and supported to champion causes ONE supports at the grassroots, state and federal levels in Nigeria. ONE advocates and campaigns on education, gender, health, agriculture and transparency as a means to fight poverty.
- An opportunity to impact community, country and the world by working with a highly-visible, mission-driven organisation, in an incredible, supportive environment
- Receive training on how to campaign, pressure decision-makers and engage the media
- Attend ONE events and put the skills being gained into practice in meetings with high-level decision makers
- All costs encountered for the induction programme are covered by the ONE Campaign
Successful applicants will:
- Have a passion for ONE’s mission to end extreme poverty and an interest in international issues
- Be willing to attend a programme induction and training in person in Abuja
- Have great communication and teamwork skills
- Have the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Have the ability to encourage and support others
- Have strong organisational skills with the ability to organise own workload efficiently
- Have a clear commitment to integrity
- Have a commitment to stay engaged with the ONE Campaign throughout the year
- Have a passion for creating change
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Tim Samoff