Deadline: 28 February, 2020
The FutureHack is a Nigerian technology hackathon event in which computer programmers and others involved in software development, including graphic designers, interface designers, project managers, domain experts (and others) collaborate intensively on software projects.
This year, the focus is to find clearly defined ideas and prototypes on Cyber Security and Digital Inclusion. Participants are allowed to express creativity and are encouraged to develop unique solutions with an emphasis on using the latest technology. FutureHack is an initiative of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).
Each participant will be attached to a mentor in a hub or university to enable them to conclude the 48-hour hackathon by allowing the students an opportunity to present their work. Three champion teams will be identified in each region of Nigeria.
- Each participant will be attached to a mentor in a hub or university to enable them to conclude the 48-hour hackathon by allowing the students an opportunity to present their work. Three champion teams will be identified at each region.
- Incubation for six months
- Startup with ready, working solution before October will be showcased at eNigeria 2020.
- Cash prize
FutureHack organisers have the right at their sole discretion to determine whether an entrant is eligible for the contest. Below are the eligibility criteria:
- Participants from all backgrounds and gender are welcome.
- Participants can come from any part of Nigeria.
- There is no age restriction to participating in the hackathon.
- Teams must be solving problems in cybersecurity, digital inclusion.
- Each team must give an executive summary about their cybersecurity, digital inclusion idea upon registration.
- All team members should be present at the event and come with their own personal computers.
To register and for more information click here.