Deadline: 01 April, 2020
The African Studies Centre Leiden (ASCL) is offering a three-month visiting fellowship from September up to and including November 2020. Visiting research fellows use their time in Leiden for data analysis and/or writing, often on a joint project with one or more ASCL staff members. A visiting research fellowship is for a maximum of 90 days.
On occasion, the ASCL also hosts self-financed visitors (PhD students or visiting academics).
A research fellowship includes:
- A return ticket (economy class)
- A daily stipend to cover living expenses
- Accommodation in Leiden (a fellow is provided with their own single bed/sitting room. The kitchen and bathroom will be shared with a maximum of two other fellows. If the accommodation on offer is unacceptable to the fellow, they will be asked to look for alternative accommodation. However, alternative accommodation will not be paid for by the fellowship)
- A medical/liability insurance (please note that this insurance does not cover the cost of treatment of pre-existing medical conditions)
In order to be eligible for the ASCL 90-day visiting research fellowship, the applicant has to:
- Hold a PhD degree, by the time of applying
- Have conducted research, as part of the PhD and/or in later projects, with a focus on Africa
- Be actively pursuing an academic/research career
- Have published books, book chapters and/or journal articles in recent years that meet international standards
- In accordance with visa regulations, be ready to return to the country of which he/she is a citizen and/or a current resident upon completion of the fellowship
To apply and for more information click here.