Deadline: 28 February, 2020
The SA-USA Community Engagement Exchange Programme (CEEP) is an initiative of the Youth Programmes at the South African Institute of the International Affairs (Youth@SAIIA) in partnership with the University of the Witwatersrand and Howard University. The goal of this programme is to create a youth-led culture of community engagement and public participation on university campuses for a more sustainable future. This programme will develop youth participation skills from a foundation of awareness-raising through to engagement in policy and decision-making spaces.
- Selected undergraduate students and youth advocates from South Africa and the United States of America will participate in a yearlong programme that will involve virtual workshops, a South African conference in June/July 2020 and an American conference in January 2021.
- Through this exchange, participants will enhance their ability to work with young people from diverse backgrounds to create and implement localised community engagement plans to address challenges of a changing word.
- Be a registered undergraduate student at a South African university and/or an active youth participant of an organisation in South Africa
- Be between 18–25 years
- Be available to attend the CEEP South African Conference at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg from 25 June to 9 July, 2020 (letters will be available to potentially help with examination deferral if required)
- Be available to attend the CEEP American Conference at Howard University in Washington, D.C. in late January 2021 (exact dates to be confirmed)
- Be available to participate in five virtual workshop sessions between April and November, 2020
- Be eager to serve as an ambassador of your university and community
- Be passionate about sustainable development issues and community engagement
- Be ready to be a leader and advocate for youth participation in decision-making spaces
To apply and for more information click here.