Deadline: 09 March, 2020
British Petroleum (BP) and AFS Intercultural Programmes (AFS) have partnered to host the BP Global STEM Academies, which are four-week programmes in Brazil, Egypt, India, and the USA that focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and global competence education. Scholarship winners will enrich their STEM knowledge and skills through interactive, hands-on curriculum, while developing critical global competencies, including problem solving, analytical skills, intercultural understanding, and the ability to build bridges across cultures. The programme culminates in team projects and presentations that offer potential solutions to real world challenges, with an emphasis on climate change and the energy transition.
- The scholarship covers the AFS programme fee, domestic and international airfares, visa fees (if necessary), government fees to obtain a passport (if needed), and all programme costs, including meals and housing.
For the 2020 BP Global STEM Academies, AFS is identifying and selecting scholarship recipients from Egypt, Ghana and South Africa.
- Applicants must be born between December 1, 2002 and June 1, 2005
- Applicants must have the ability to participate fully in a classroom and programme activities conducted entirely in English
- Applicants must demonstrate interest in STEM, studying abroad and interacting with different cultures
- Applicants must be willing to go to all four academy destinations: Brazil, Egypt, India or the USA
- Applicants must possess the ability and willingness to travel unaccompanied abroad
- Applicants must be interested in exploring new cultures
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Brookhaven National Laboratory