Deadline: 01 April, 2020
The purpose of the African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme is to provide opportunities for postdoctoral researchers based in Africa to work and develop their ongoing research at the Nordic Africa Institute. The scholarship offers access to the Institute’s library and other resources that provide for a stimulating research environment. Through the programme, the Nordic Africa Institute aims to contribute to building capacity in the production of knowledge about Africa and to promote and establish relations with and between African and Nordic research communities.
The scholarship includes:
- Return airfare (economy class)
- Subsistence allowance of 400 SEK (approx. $42) per day
- Installation grant of 2,500 SEK (approx. $260) and
- Workspace, including a desk computer, in a shared office at the Institute
- The scholarship programme is directed at postdoctoral researchers based in Africa and engaged in Africa-oriented research within the disciplines of Social Sciences and Humanities. The applicant should be affiliated to an African university/research centre and have a proven track record of extensive research.
- The Institute strives to achieve a fair distribution of scholarship positions in regards to gender and geographic focus.
To apply and for more information click here.