Deadline: 20 March, 2015
MSH seeks candidates for the position of Chief of Party for a potential maternal, newborn and child health and family planning/reproductive health project in Abuja, Nigeria.
The position is subject to project award and funding.
- The Chief of Party leads and manages the MSH project.
- S/he is accountable for project deliverables and results, and has full accountability and authority for the development, execution, and monitoring of the project, including
- Vision and technical strategy;
- Project management;
- Documentation and communication;
- Client(s) and stakeholder(s) relationships; and
- Coordination and synergy with other MSH projects, and collaboration with MSH Country Representative and the Country Operations Management Unit (COMU).
- Master’s degree in management, public health, international development or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of senior-level experience in international development projects, including 5 years of previous experience as a Chief of Party.
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized international donor-supported programmmes, with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting, and preferably must have experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple programme partner institutions.
- Strong communication skill to fulfil the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID, CAs, and donor organizations.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
To apply for this position please submit a resume to: https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/7517/chief-of-party-nigeria/job
About the Organization
Management Sciences for Health, an international non-profit organization, is dedicated to closing the gap between what is known and what is done about public health problems. MSH saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 30 country offices and our US headquarters, our staff from 65 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health.