Deadline: 3 April, 2015
InterMedia seek an experienced Research Manager for a position located in Nairobi, Kenya.
Qualified candidates will have significant experience with fieldwork preparation and management, developing and managing the implementation of quality control procedures (including recruiting and managing teams of in-country spot checkers), budget management, data analysis and report writing.
The ideal candidate should be able to pro-actively plan and prioritize multiple projects, experienced and skilled in hands-on management of all aspects of project management, and knowledgeable in the subject matter of at least one of the company’s main thematic sections including financial inclusion, services for the poor, health and media.
The position requires up to 35% international travel.
- Master’s Degree in political or social science, statistics, population studies, market research or similar areas
- At least 3 years of experience as a project manager or a research executive at a market research organization or as a social science researcher in an academic environment or at an international NGO
- Solid project management skills with an evidenced track record
- Excellent written and presenting skills and a confident communicator with the ability to collaborate with specialists on multi-country, mixed-methodology projects
- Strong knowledge of using quantitative and qualitative analytical software including SPSS and ATLAS or equivalents
- Demonstrated ability in conducting research in challenging environments, such as amongst hard to reach populations, as well as dealing with language and cultural barriers is highly desired
- An excellent team player and problem solver with a customer focused approach to work, ideally with an understanding of international development, international media, and/or strategic communications
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
We invite qualified candidates to email a brief cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com.
About the Organization
InterMedia is a not‐for‐profit global consultancy specializing in strategic research and evaluation. Since 1995, her quantitative research alone has engaged nearly 2 million respondents in more than 100 countries, including many of the world’s most challenging environments.
InterMedia’s research and consulting work spans a broad topical and geographic spectrum, with a focus on providing clients with strategic program guidance and impact evaluation. Key practice areas are: financial inclusion; global health communications; and engaging global publics for conflict resolution, citizen empowerment and advancing democracy. Our clients include international development agencies and philanthropic foundations, media, government agencies engaged in strategic communications and conflict resolution, and commercial firms.