Application is Free
Deadline: 20th September 2013
The Youth Initiative for Advocacy, Growth & Advancement (YIAGA) has announced the call for applications from young people between the ages of 18 – 35 years for the second season of ‘Organizing for Policy Advocacy & Civic Engagement’ program #OPACE 2.0 in her Youth Organizing School.
The program is supported by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), Washington DC with the aim to enhance the capacity of youth advocates, young professionals, youth leaders of political, religious and traditional institutions etc on policy development and law-making, fundamentals of organizing for policy advocacy, lobbying and campaigning, power dynamics, citizens oversight of democratic institutions etc.
#OPACE 2.0 will equip young people with requisite skills needed to engage in collective action that engenders democratic governance, public accountability and social transformation. The program is highly recommended for young people with special interest in policy advocacy and a passion for change.
At the end of the training participants should be able to:
- Understand Policy formulation and legislative processes
- Understand and appreciate political and economic governance issues
- Identify policy needs and deficits
- Create an advocacy map and agenda
- Undertake effective advocacy campaigns
- Provide citizens oversight of democratic institutions
- Understand power dynamics and relations
- Generate and harness resources for advocacy and civic engagement
- Use new media tools for civic education and civic engagement
- Engage in different forms of targeted lobbying
- Build movements, coalitions and networks
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 to 35
- Applicants resident in the following Nigerian states; Abuja, Niger, Nassarawa, Kaduna, Kogi will be given priority in the candidate selection process
- Female applicants will also be given priority in the selection process.
Interested applicants are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a short essay of 500 words on the topic ‘The Value of Youth Organizing in Socio-political Transformation’
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call-08169401359, 08153470789. Application is Free. Deadline: 20th September 2013. Selected participants will be responsible for their transportation while YIAGA will cover accommodation and feeding costs. The training will hold in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Nigeria.
Only selected applicants will be contacted
YIAGA is a non-profit, non-governmental, youth organization that promotes democratic governance, human rights and active youth participation in democratic process through research, policy advocacy and capacity development. www.yiaga.org, @YIAGA
NED is a private, nonprofit foundation based in Washington DC, USA. NED is dedicated to the growth and strengthening of democratic institutions around the world. www.ned.org